Desiccant Vials are a range of desiccant plastic containers which incorporate a desiccant directly into the structure of the containers plastic. In the manufacturing process the two shot mould technique is employed and the attached lid is sealed in the mould to ensure a very tight seal to prevent moisture ingress. It is also sterile by this process. The performance of the desiccant can be altered to suit the application/ formulation.
Applications for desiccant vials:
- Packaging moisture sensitive diagnostic test strips
- Packaging sugar coated pills / tablets
- Packaging nutraceutical tablets
- Packaging moisture sensitive capsules
- Desiccants, molecular sieves, silica gel and others can now be integrated directly into a plastic compound and moulded into any shape or form through any type of plastic manufacturing technology including films, injection moulding, co-injection moulding, thermal-forming and blow moulding.
- Vials, canisters, containers, film, string, sheets, trays, strips, pills or any injection moulded product can be produced to meet your specific adsorption needs.
- CSP materials meet FDA requirements and desiccant material can be seamlessly integrated into primary or secondary packaging.
- Eliminates the costly step of inserting components into a package and eliminates risks, consumers will discard the desiccant material.
Desiccant Sleeve Lining:
- Efficacy for all tablets not just tablets close to the silica gel canister.
- Remove latent moisture from tablets - reduce drug degradation and maintain dissolution properties.
- Ensures use life of larger tablet counts - quickly removes moisture from container after open/close.
- Improved moisture protection - extend shelf life.
Inner Desiccant Lining:
- Desiccant lined vial is a ne piece desiccant lined vial for use with moisture sensitive blood glucose diagnostic strips, medical devices or effervescent vitamin tablets.
- The inner core can be seen in the photo (left) as the white component within the blue vial. The colour of the vial and the colour of the desiccant liner can be altered to suit your needs.
- The vial has an easy to open and click close flip top lid mechanism.
- The vial is desiccant lined allowing protection of all products and not just the top of the tube as with desiccant stopper tubes.
- Product is surrounded by sleeve - sees virtually no moisture.
- Maintains full desiccant capacity throughout the manufacturing process.
- Engineered capacity and uptake rate.
- Supports a combination of active agents.
Effervescent vitamin tablets - Desiccant lined:
- Effervescent products nutritional, OTC and Ethical widely used in Europe and Asia.
- Easy to open and positive ‘click’ to close.
- Products are moisture sensitive and need packaging to protect product in all climate zones.
- Supported by integrated desiccant sleeve for better product stability & in-use shelf life.
- Seal maintained after repeated open/close cycles.
Spring moulded into the flip-top cap:
- Ideal for packaging stacked and highly friable effervescent tablets.
- Supports quick dissolve and effervescent tablets.
- All tablets protected against desiccant due to greater surface area which gives better protection.
- Leak proof and air tight.
- Low moisture ingress.
Flat Pack Design one piece desiccant:
- Features easy to open & close flip-top closure.
- Moisture tight during use life.
- Used as a travel pack for consumer/ OTC products.
- Supports integrated desiccant sleeve.
- Designs that support up to 100 tablets.
- Dispenser maintains moisture tight seal (USP 671) over use life.
- Can integrate CSP desiccant plastic moisture sensitive applications.
- Fully automated parts manufacturing (2-shot molding assembly in the mold).
- Ongoing development programs with major health care companies for OTC products.
- Incorporates a CRC feature.
Desiccant Plastic Canister:
- Ideal for clean room pharmaceutical packaging environment
- Provides up to 2-times moisture capacity while maintaining a low RH <5% compared to SG desiccant.
- Increase capacity without changing overall size (up to 2g).
- Target multiple substances simultaneously (e.g. moisture, odors, solvents).
- Engineer the rate and capacity to meet specific requirements and accommodate for exposure time on packaging lines.
Please click here to request copies of the following technical articles:
- July 2009 Issue of Pharmaceutical & Medical Packaging News (PMPN) Oxygen and Moisture Scavenger Evaluation
- October 2009 Issue of Medical Device & Diagnostic Industry (MDDI) Active Packaging: Improving Shelf Life and Stability
For further information about these products or to request a free sample of our desiccant vials please call us on: +44 (0)1628 531 900. Alternatively please email us at: email@example.com and we’ll be more than happy to help.